No of positions: 1 (contractual)
Duration: 8 months
Project Goal: To support livelihood initiatives in weaving and allied activities for rural women in select districts of Assam.
The Project Assistant (PA) must participate and support in the overall implementation of projects in select districts of Assam.
The PA will be responsible for:
- Effective communication and coordination in distribution, recording, monitoring and delivery of finished products for each district.
- Assist team in preparing production plan, product costing and developing product designs.
- Assist the team in procuring raw materials and maintain data base of raw materials, products, weavers, buyers among others.
- Ensure maintenance of manual records of sales and inventory, handle petty cash and assist in sales and marketing of products.
- Documentation of every aspect of project cycle.
- Attend trainings, exhibitions, workshops and other sessions as and when suggested by NEN.
- Contribute to preparing project reports.
- Provide logistical and administrative support to livelihood activities.
Essential qualifications and expérience
• Graduate Degree or Professional degree/diploma in Rural Livelihoods/Designs from a recognised institute.
• Minimum 1 year experience in managing livelihood activities and related administrative responsibilities (preferably in weaving)
• Experience of working with grassroots livelihood organisations/ women’s organisation/NGO in the north east region is desirable.
• Functional knowledge of Internet based applications, MS Word, MS Excel, Google sheet, MS Power Point and other related applications
• Ability and willingness to travel and live in challenging conditions. Travels would include participation in national fairs/melas/meetings/seminars apart from visit to the regional offices, head offices and field sites/villages.
• Ensure gender perspective in the scope of work.
Based on work experience/qualification.
Language proficiency :
Fluency in English and Assamese are required.
Where to apply
To apply, email your CV to email@example.com with the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line. Relevant testimonials and certificates are desirable. Last date to apply is 30th April 2021.
Shortlisted candidates will be intimated and called for skill test and interviews during first week of May, 2021.
Appointment will commence on or before 15th May 2021.
Women are encouraged to apply.
For further details about the organisation mission and objectives, candidates are requested to visit the website of North East Network at www.northeastnetwork.org
Job Email id:firstname.lastname@example.org