Atulya Ganga Cyclothon members reached Gangasagar covering 2500 km and called upon the Youth to take up Ganga Saving Initiatives.
A 14 member Atulya Ganga team led by Sh Gopal Sharma on their second edition of Atulya Ganga Parikrama, arrived at Gangasadar, on 28 Mar after cycling 2500 from Gangotri in 28 days.
A team of 14 Cyclists led by Lt Gen Alok Kler, an ex Army Commander, has pedalled 2500 km from Gangotri to Gangasagar with a message of people and youth participation for Ganga Rejuvenation.
This Ganga focused cyclothon was flagged off by Gen Gurmit Singh, honourable Governor of Uttarakhand. It began at Gangotri on 01 March and has reached Gangasagar at 2 pm on 28 March via
Uttarkashi, RIshikesh- Kanpur – Prayagraj – Varanasi – Patna – Farrakka – Kolkota.
Lt Col Hem Lohumi, one of the founders, expressed a cause of concern for Indian rivers and forests that need every citizen’s attention. He called upon the youth of India to take inspiration from such expeditions and think about forests, environment and rivers and work towards their rejuvenation and preservation.
All along the cyclothon Atulya Ganga Team addressed the NCC Cadets, NSS Volunteers, school children, interacted with locals and addressed members of society to raise awareness about Ganga, plant tress and stop single use plastic.
Atulya Ganga Cyclothon (AGC). The veterans once again returned to Maa Ganga on 01 Mar 2022, with a 2500 km adventure cyclothon. The five focus areas of Cyclothon are as follows :
• Parikrama : From 01 Mar -28 Mar 2022, we cycled from Gangotri to Gangasagar through the major population centres.
• People : We re-connected with youth and people, re-newed our pledges, and re-created 360* stake holder’s synergies.
• Pollution : The pollution mapping continues and we focus on developing a prototype of real time Ganga health dashboard.
• Plantation : Plantation of saplings, with a sense of ownership and high survivability will be an integral part of AGC.
• Plastic : Educating people on adverse effect of plastics on Ganga and calling for complete ban on single use plastic.
Participants : *Lt Gen Alok Kler, Col Darshan Mehta , Col Mike Keshwar, Sh Avdhesh Tyagi, Sh Bhargav Mehta, Sh Vishnu Semwal, Sh Kaleshwar Mishra, and founders Sh Gopal Sharma ji and Lt Col Hem Loh.