For the comfort and convenience of passengers, Indian Railways has withdrawn the restriction on the supply of linen and blankets in trains from March, 2022. This restriction was earlier imposed in view of the pandemic and due to COVID-19 Standard Operating Protocol for the movement of passengers by trains. Implementing the decision of withdrawal of this restriction, Northeast Frontier Railway has already resumed these services for few trains originating from Katihar and Alipurduar divisions on March and April, 2022. Recently the facilities of linen have been started in additional 08 pairs of trains. Gradually, linen services in more and more trains will be provided in upcoming days.
Services of linens started in the following trains from 10.06.2022
- Train No. 15665 BG Express
- Train No. 15613 Lachit Express
- Train No. 15603 GHY-Ledo Intercity Express
- Train No. 15669 Nagaland Express
- Train No. 15658 Brahmaputra Mail
- Train No. 12505 Northeast Express
- Train No. 20505 Dibrugarh – New Delhi Rajdhani Express
- Train No. 15818 Donyi Polo Express
Moreover, in the following trains the linen services will resume soon
- Train No. 22501 Ksr Bengaluru – New Tinsukia Express w.e.f 17.06.2022
- Train No. 15905 Vivek Express w.e.f 18.06.2022
- Train No. 15903 Dibrugarh – Chandigarh Express & Train No. 15929 Tambaram – New Tinsukia Express w.e.f 20.06.2022
- Train No. 15933 New Tinsukia – Amritsar Express w.e.f 21.06.2022
Supply of linen and blankets is being done in a phased manner to ensure the proper quality of linen as a sizeable amount of fresh linen is being procured. NFR is working overtime to bring the service back to 100 percent.