(District-North 24 Parganas)
On June 24, 2022, on the basis of specific news, the vigilant troops of Border Out Post Jeetpur and Madhupur, 68 Battalion apprehended 06 people while crossing the International Border illegally in their respective areas, whose identity is as below: 1. Manik Biswas (22), District- Gopalganj.
- Antara Biswas (19), Distt. – Gopalganj.
- Govind Bakshi (32), District Faridpur
- Jai Kumar Biswas (20), District Faridpur.
- Sobi Biswas (29) District – Zhenaidah.
- Sapna (43), District-Narel. During interrogation, it was found that Manik Biswas and Antara Biswas are husband and wife and had come to visit India six months ago. On the other hand both Govind Bakshi and Jai Kumar Biswas are studying in India. Whereas Sobi Biswas came to India 11 years ago on a visa. Sapna told that she came to India 25 years ago and used to work as a maid in Ambala. Everyone told that they were going back to Bangladesh.
The apprehended Bangladeshi nationals were handed over to the Border Guard Bangladesh as a gesture of goodwill and humanity.
Shri Yogendra, Commanding Officer, 68 Battalion stated that the Border Security Force is taking strict measures to prevent infiltration along the Indo-Bangladesh border. Due to which people are getting caught continuously. In view of the seriousness of the crime of those caught, innocent persons are handed over to the Border Guard Bangladesh as a gesture of goodwill and humanity.