Indian Institute of Technology Mandi is hosting G20-S20 meeting from 21st to 30th June 2023. The purpose of this meet is to bring together various key stakeholders and experts together to engage on various themes such to generate actionable insights that can drive progress towards achieving inclusive and sustainable development. Several dignitaries/ delegates from around the globe are expected to attend this mega event.
The event will provide a platform for sharing innovative ideas and best practices, as well as addressing pressing challenges related to the themes of the event.
Sharing his thoughts on G20-S20 Meet’2023 being hosted by IIT Mandi, Prof Laxmidhar Behera, Director, IIT Mandi said, “IIT Mandi is committed to the development of skilled manpower in areas such as sustainable development, climate-controlled agriculture, AI & Robotics, drone technology, cloud computing, cyber-physical systems, manufacturing, and automation. We believe these efforts will foster national missions such as Make-in-India initiatives and will fulfil the dream of our Prime Minister Narendra Modi to make India a Skill Capital of the world.”
Some of the Key Speakers of the G20-S20 include:
● Shiv Pratap Shukla, Governor, Himachal Pradesh
● Sukhvinder Singh, Chief Minister, Himachal Pradesh
● Mukesh Agnihotri, Deputy Chief Minister, Himachal Pradesh
● Harshwardhan Chauhan, Hon’ble Minister of Industries, Himachal Pradesh
● Ashutosh Sharma, Co-Chair S20 and former DST secretary
● Padma Shri Satish Kumar, Chairman, ARB
● Padma Hema Malini
● K K Pant Director IIT Roorkee
● Manoj S Gaur, IIT Jammu
● Dr. Sat Bir Singh Khalsa, Harvard Medical School, USA
● Baldev Setia, Director, PEC Chandigarh
● Padma Shri Dr Janak Palta McGillian, Founder & Director, Centre for Sustainable Development
● Dr. Kingshuk Banerjee, Director, Hitachi India
● Dr. Vikas Kumar, Chairman, AR & DB
The event will start with International Yoga Day on 21st June where institute researchers will demonstrate various technology-enabled yoga and meditation practices for holistic health, including posture-correcting Yoga mats, AR-VR-enabled immersive meditation, and many such innovative products.
Themes of the G20-S20 Summit include –
● Day 1 (21st June): International Yoga Day:
Celebrating the physical and mental benefits through yoga
● Day 2 (23rd June): Holistic Health:
Exploring holistic approaches to health and well-being
● Day 3 (25th June): Skill India:
Addressing the importance of skill development for inclusive growth
● Day 4 (27th June): Technology for Defence:
Discussing advancements in technology for defence and national security
● Day 5 (29th June): Technology for Society:
Highlighting the role of technology in fostering societal development
● Day 6 (30th June): Renewable Energy:
Focusing on sustainable energy solutions and their impact on development
The event will feature insightful keynote addresses, interactive panel discussions, hands-on workshops, and networking sessions related to each theme. The diverse and influential group of delegates attending the event will provide a unique opportunity for collaboration and knowledge exchange.
The detailed program with information regarding the chief guests and keynote speakers is available at https://iitmandi.ac.in/g20s20/ with the registration link: https://forms.gle/feSiccjDVkicSRwZ9. The registration is free of cost and the participants will receive the G20||S20 participation certification from IIT Mandi.
Overall, the G20-S20 plays an important role in promoting inclusive and sustainable development, and it has the potential to drive positive change on a global scale.