The Guwahati Municipal Corporation (GMC) Commissioner has today issued a strict order; reference entrepreneurs taking up the profession of hair-cutting saloons, beauty parlours, spas, etc. in the city.
It has been undersigned by the GMC Commissioner; and mentions that a lot of complaints have been received from citizens alleging several malpractices in certain Spas and Unisex Parlors.
This, according to GMC, “have been deemed to be detrimental to a civic society”.
For Trade Licenses for Unisex Parlors, Spas, Beauty Parlors and Hair Cutting Saloons; the following conditions have been issued by the GMC:
- There shall not be any exclusive rooms or chambers within the premises of the Parlor/Spa/Salonn.
- Main doors should be transparent.
- There should be qualified therapists in respect of Spas/Unisex Parlors.
- Therapy or massage cannot be provided by the opposite sex.
- Provision of 1 bvSteam bath may be provided but in no case opposite sex shall assist in any way.
- Address and phone nos of persons visiting the aforesaid trade establishments must be maintained.